"Pastor Joe" Penrose
- How long have you been Pastor of The Cowboy Church:
My wife Linda and I planted our church in Mora, Minnesota on May 15, 2010. We moved to Grande six months later in search of a warmer building. Sixty days after that we moved to Cambridge where we stayed for one year. Then we moved to Isanti for two years before finding our current home in Ham Lake in 2014.
- What I do:
A Pastor needs to LEAD HIS FLOCK to safety. I like to call it a "spiritual net." Preaching the true and complete Gospel is paramount, because that is what brings people to faith in Christ. As a Pastor, my greatest joy is to help guide people in their faith journey to ultimately accept Christ as their Lord and Savior. My life's agenda is to make this happen for as many people as God allows. Of course, serving and following God's commands are first and foremost for any Pastor. But beyond some of the natural things we know every Pastor does come praying for the sick, the hurt, and the elderly. Most Pastors complain they can’t find enough time to pray as they are responsible for the daily duties of running a large facility. To lead, to love, to comfort - just like Jesus taught us in Scripture.
- Family: Married to Linda. Together we have six children - 3 boys and 3 girls - 12 grandchildren four great grandchildren.
- Birthday: August 13
- Faith Journey:
My faith journey began when I was a small child. I spent a great amount of time with my grandparents. At the age of five I spent more time with older people than I did with other children. I went to Church, of course, every Sunday, but sometimes I went every day. My grandmother could never get enough. She loved the Lord and made a huge impact on my life. I knew I needed to follow Jesus. From those days forward my life would be ever changed. As a young adult I married and had four children. Together our family attended Bible studies at our Church, which I led for 13 years. The Lord always had His hand on me, and I always questioned why I wasn’t doing more to serve Him. That, of course, led me to being a Pastor and waiting for the call to come. I truly believe that if you are not called you will not last. The journey is long and not always as we please, and we must continue even when the burden is great. Your faith cannot waiver, it must stay strong and obedient. Each day your heart and walk draw closer and closer to the Lord.
I love to ride horses, do a little fishing and hunting, and maybe a couple times a year go bowling. But when you are serving God, there’s not much time for hobbies. That’s just the way it is.
Linda Penrose | Church Administrator
- How long a member of The Cowboy Church: 9 years
- What I do: As Church Administrator, The Lord has blessed me with an abundance of energy and the ability to see the big picture while delivering the end result. I am applying these gifts to serve in development of ministries, volunteer administration, and project manage fundraising and church events.
- How long a Board member? Since Sept, 2016
- Family: Married to Pastor Joe. Together we have six children - 3 boys and 3 girls - 12 grandchildren four great grandchildren.
- Birthday: Oct 4
- Faith Journey: I came to the Lord in my early 40’s while going through an unbearable amount of personal strife – emotionally and financially. The Lord gave me the strength and endurance to run the race of life from that moment on with His love, His word, and His guidance. He has healed me physically, blessed me financially, and always answers prayers as I continue to grow each and every day in Christ.
- Hobbies: I am a kid at heart and love to play 4-square, cards, and board games with my family. Give me a good book, or put me in a boat fishing all day (anything on water) and I am content. Last but not least, I enjoy travel and experiencing other cultures.
Jon Sorenson | Operations Manager
- How long attending The Cowboy Church: Since March 2018
- A member since: May 2018
- What I do: Except for Sunday morning when I usher and share the morning announcements, I work behind the scenes performing a variety of tasks. Among them are communications (creating PowerPoint slideshows for Sunday service, website editing and development, publishing the weekly e-newsletter, etc.), overseeing volunteers to complete selected facility and maintenance projects, and bookkeeping.
- Family: I've been married to my wife Nancie since 1993. We have three adult children and three adorable grandchildren (two girls and a boy).
- Birthday: Feb 24
- Faith Journey: I came to faith in Christ while watching a Billy Graham crusade on TV with my parents at the age of 11.
- Hobbies: I love to read and spend time with my wife, our kids and grandchildren. When time permits, I'm writing a Christ-based small group study-guide for people with loved ones who struggle with addiction.